NeXXstep Study (infant pneumonia vaccine)
Your baby may be eligible to take part in this research study if your baby is healthy, about 2 months old, and has not been previously vaccinated with any pneumococcal vaccine. The purpose of this study is to see if an experimental vaccine can prevent serious infections due to a germ called Streptococcus pneumoniae. These types of germs can lead to pneumonia and other types of respiratory infections.
For more information contact:
Who can participate?
Age: Under 7 years old
Volunteers: Healthy Volunteers
Location: In Person
- Your infant must be 2 months old.
- Parent(s) or Legal guardian(s) is willing and able to go to all study visits with the infant as well as participate in the required procedures.
- Your infant is healthy.
- Both the infant and the Parent(s) or Legal guardian(s) is Available for the duration of the study
- A history of severe reactions to vaccines or allergic reactions to vaccines, especially any diptheria-type of vaccine.
- A neurological disorder, and/or seizures including febrile seizure (seizure with fevers)
- Serious chronic disorder or Congenital malformation, which is physical defect present in a baby at birth that can involve many different parts of the body, including the brain, heart, lungs, liver, etc.
- Bleeding conditions.
- Immunideficiency, which is a failure of the immune system to protect the body adequately from infection for certain reasons.
Will I be paid for my time?