COVID-19 Plasma-4 Study
This study is designed to test whether administration of plasma containing antibodies to people infected with the SARS-CoV-2 virus is able to prevent disease progression or lessen the severity of disease. We have collected plasma from people who have high levels of these antibodies because they have recovered from COVID-19. We will transfuse this high-antibody plasma into one group of infected people, and transfuse the other group of people with regular plasma that does not contain high levels of antibodies to COVID-19. We want to see if the COVID-19 antibody-containing plasma helps prevent the progression of infection or lessens the severity of current symptoms. In order to test this, we need to two groups of people in this study: Those receiving COVID-19 plasma and those receiving regular plasma without COVID-19 antibodies. Neither the participants nor the research team will know which type of plasma you receive.
For more information contact:
Who can participate?
Age: Over 18 years old
Volunteers: Healthy Volunteers
Location: In Person
- At least 18 years old or older
- Positive COVID-19 test (collected by saliva or collected by nose)
- You are having at least some symptoms of COVID-19 (fever, cough, trouble smelling, etc.)
- You started having symptoms less than 8 days ago.
- You tested positive less than 8 days ago.
- If you are hospitalized, you may not participate.
- If you have a physical, mental, or behavior condition that could affect your ability to safely participate in the study, the research team may determine that participation may not be feasible for you.
- If you have had a prior reaction to blood products/transfusions, you will not be able to participate.
- If you are not able to participate in the study within the first 24 hours and receive the study treatment, you may not participate.
- If you have been treated with medication or other types of treatments for COVID-19 within 14 days you will not be eligible to participate.
Will I be paid for my time?